Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Taking Time to Breathe

Every writer needs time to think and create. With daily obligations and the family breathing down my neck, life gets crazy stressful and that kind of space isn’t easy to come by. This weekend, I made time to step back and take a breath.

Since I was trying to stay away from the computer and give my carpal tunnel a rest, I gathered up a few books, grabbed a pad of paper and headed to the park. It was crowded with Memorial Day weekend picnickers, but I found a spot in a relatively quiet area, sat under a tree and did a little brainstorming. For a while, I laid on my back in the grass and just watched the wind moving though the branches, noticing how the air currents would sometimes shake only the upper most branches, then dip down to ruffle the ones underneath.

It was a much needed break. Did make time for yourself this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment